Nissan of Smithtown located on Middle Country Rd, Smithtown, NY has multiple openings and is looking for A, B and C Technicians as well Express / Lube apprentices.
WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?
Are you working at another dealership and have several weeks of vacation accrued? Nissan of Smithtown will match your vacation time from the day you become a full employee with us. No waiting a year or two to accrue the vacation time you have earned already. Don’t let that hold you back anymore from getting out of a shop that does not value you!
We are offering long-term career positions for automotive professionals. Must have good work ethic and be conscientious. 5 day work week must include Saturdays. Great, fun and friendly environment with competitive pay!
We also offer great Union benefits, training and Incentives as well as opportunities for advancement. Asian experience is a plus but practical experience with other brands is ok.
- Checks all fluids and maintenance-related parts and tops-off or replaces fluids or filters/parts as required
- Diagnoses issues based on experience, analysis, and testing
- Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules
- Makes repair recommendations and manages delivery of repairs by setting and managing customer expectations
- Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs
- Repairs automobiles and light trucks as assigned
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required
- Complies with and enforces all safety policies and procedures
- Follows all safety and security procedures and environmental rules
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- ASE certifications huge plus
- Certification as a state inspector a plus
- Unrestricted driver’s license and clean driving record
- A, B or C level qualifications, plus Express
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Able to safely operate motor vehicles in tight and small spaces
- Broad scope of automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be reliable and able to follow directions
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have a valid and clean NY state drivers license
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a background check
- Must be able to pass a license/motor vehicle record check
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED and at least one to two years of automotive technician experience.
- Competitive pay plans
- Union shop
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Great working environment with a growing store
To apply for this opportunity, please call (Director of Service Operations) Andrew Jones @ (631) 880-4990 or to apply online, please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
All inquiries are strictly confidential