TOP BRAND LUXURY
The Top Brand luxury automotive dealership is in need of a General Sales Manager that is going to be responsible for profitability in both the new and used vehicle departments and for customer retention.
To achieve this, they must effectively manage sales personnel, have a strong knowledge of the market, and an in-depth understanding of all sales departments’ financial data as well as strong customer relations skills.
The General Sales Manager is expected to uphold the highest ethical standards in every aspect of the job.
Job duties will include the following:
- Creating the annual dealership sales forecasts by estimating total vehicle sales, gross and operating profits as well as expenses for the new-and-used sales departments.
- Attending to customer complaints, ensuring that a high level of customer satisfaction is obtained.
- Oversee the greeting of customers, presentation and demonstration of products, negotiation of sales, and delivery of vehicles.
- Meeting with vehicle sales managers to plan and implement objectives for achieving sales and gross profits.
- Assists in hiring, training, motivating, counseling and monitoring the performance of all new- and used-sales personnel.
- Track labor costs; minimize overtime.
- Help close sales
- Coordinating the appropriate supply of new and used vehicles and ordering/acquiring vehicle inventory accordingly.
- Meeting monthly with the dealership’s general manager to review forecasts and profits for each department.
- Working directly with the general manager on making recommendations on both short and long-range advertising plans, sales promotions, staffing needs, lease promotions and compensation plans.
- Auditing all appraisals of trade-in vehicles.
It is required that you have at least two year experience in a general sales manager’s role. Additionally, sales managers need to be comfortable managing multiple departments and people.
Managers are required to maintain the profitability of their department while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction. Managers are required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, but must also comply with these regulations.
The following skill set is required:
- Must hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Superior customer interaction skills
- Excellent negotiation abilities
- Assertive personality and strong drive for success
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend
All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing, which includes a background check, drug test, and must have a valid NYS driver license.
For further information on this opportunity, please fax resume to (631) 918-5033 or to e-mail your resume, please fill out the form below.
All resumes must be current
All inquiries are strictly confidential